SUMMER DAY CAMP
Here is what the Burbank Community YMCA is and will be doing to protect your camper and family during COVID-19.
- All staff should wear face coverings as feasible, and when physical distancing is difficult, or when interacting with others outside of their group.
- More frequent cleaning/disinfecting inside and outside of the building.
- Signing in/out will be located in the main office at scheduled times to ensure proper physical distancing and temperature accuracy during daily health screenings.
- Max group of 10 campers per room.
- Ensuring enough space to accommodate staff and campers while practicing safe physical distancing in fun, creative and safe ways.
- Increased number of times for hand-washing for staff and campers throughout the day that include before and after activity transitions.
- We will provide adequate supplies and individual cubby spaces to minimize sharing of high touch materials.
Dates, Times & Cost
Dates of camp: June 1 through August 12, 2020
Time: 7:00a - 6:00p
Cost of camp: $250 per week
Based on what grade campers have recently completed, they will be placed in one of four camp groups:
|Journey/ Voyager (Pre-K & Kinder)||Discovery (1st & 2nd Grade)||Explorer (3rd & 5th Grade)|
|Week 1: Welcome Week||Week 1: Welcome Week||Week 1: Welcome Week|
|Week 2:Our True Heroes!||Week 2: Heroes of Today||Week 2: What is a hero?|
|Week 3: Stay Active!||Week 3: Animals!||Week 3: Get Fit!|
|Week 4: Let's do Art!||Week 4: Let's get Artsy!||Week 4: Space Exploration|
|Week 5: Animals from the Sea||Week 5: Imagine This!||Week 5: Let's do Improv!|
|Week 6: Out of this World!||Week 6: Drama Time!||Week 6: Sea Creatures|
|Week 7: The World of Nature||Week 7: Science!||Week 7:Kids Week!|
|Week 8: Kids Week!||Week 8: Let's get Active!||Week 8: World of Art|
|Week 9: Wildlife Animals!||Week 9: One with Nature||Week 9: Game World!|
|Week 10; Transportation!||Week 10: Rockets Away!||Week 10: All out Fun!|
|Week 11: Farewell Week||Week 11: Farewell Week||Week 11: Farewell Week|