California YMCA Youth & Government Program
This is a FREE program for the 2022/2023 year.
Registration is now open and participants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis.
Youth and Government is a model legislature and court program for high school students that provides them with the opportunity to experience government first-hand and to learn how to solve community problems through democratic process. Students learn how to write bills and "find their voice" as they debate with their peers from all over the state of California.
Students will also develop leadership skills and make lifelong friends while attending two statewide conferences in this six month program. They will gain confidence in their public speaking abilities, and meet lawyers and assemblymen who are currently in office.
- Weekly meetings at the Burbank YMCA Social Impact Center
- Two trips to Camp Roberts & a 4-day trip to Sacramento to work in the real Senate, Assembly, and Supreme Court chambers of the State Capital.
- Pick your job or run for office: be a judge, lawyer, reporter, senator or even Youth Governor
- Research, write, debate and pass your own bills. You solve the state’s problems!
- Meet with real CA senators, assembly persons, and judges.
- Make friends from all over the state during dances, games, & other fun events!
For more information, contact Aileen Flores at 818.562.5461 or visit calymca.org.